The FAS is excited to offer online room scheduling through RoomBook. After nearly two years of work by a cross-functional FAS team, we have implemented EMS, a web-based scheduling software that is available to anyone associated with an FAS Department or Center. The implementation of this tool is in response to both the report from the staff-led Administrative Process Review Committee and concerns about space adequacy which surfaced in our risk assessment.
RoomBook has been integrated with several systems which we hope will make it easy to use. The systems include:
- Peoplesoft – so that only current, active FAS Faculty, Staff and Students can access the system.
- PIN Access Management – so that users can log in using their HUID and PIN.
- The Student Information System (HERS2) – so that course information will update automatically at regular intervals.
- TheHub – a new system for student groups at Harvard College so that leaders of student groups can request spaces.
- Outlook – so that anyone who would prefer to schedule meetings in Outlook can view both room (in RoomBook) and people schedules on one screen.
While only some of the FAS classrooms and meeting rooms are currently available, the list will continue to grow as we move more schedulers into the system. We hope that the community will come to appreciate the VALUE of RoomBook:
Visibility - Provides visibility to real-time FAS space availability in one place which assists with scheduling and planning events.
Academic Scheduling - Facilitates the planning and maintenance of academic scheduling through integration with the Student Information System (HERS2).
Local Control - Offers built-in approval workflow so departments can control the schedules of the spaces they manage.
Utilization - Provides accurate reporting on room utilization which will inform space planning decisions.
Efficiency - Helps FAS Faculty, Staff and Grad Students conveniently find FAS spaces that meet their needs and request these spaces online.